Skip to content
- WorkLinks does not sell or share any personal information that you provide, including e-mail addresses or employee information, with any agencies or alliance partners, other than for purposes for which consent has been granted. However, WorkLinks reserves the right to co-operate with government authorities or authorized investigative bodies in investigations of improper or unlawful activities, including the disclosure of personal information, when a legal order to do so is produced.
- WorkLinks processes payroll and HR data according to its obligations under applicable Canadian Federal and Provincial legislation. If you are a customer, you must provide to us all mandatory employee information required for WorkLinks to produce payroll information on behalf of your employees in accordance with such regulations. No information about your employees that is not required to fulfill our contractual obligations will be collected. Regarding WorkLinks web-based services to individuals and companies with hosting sites at various WorkLinks locations, personal information on these sites is collected only for purposes relating to the services being performed.
- As a payroll/HR data processor under contract with its customers, WorkLinks is acting as third party agent. All information received by WorkLinks is provided by its customers directly. It is the obligation of the customers to have obtained appropriate consent, according to applicable privacy laws, from their employees before transferring personally identifiable information to WorkLinks, in printed, electronic, facsimile or any other format.
- Where information is collected directly from individuals, WorkLinks will collect only the information necessary to provide the requested services. In such circumstances, it is assumed that you have consented to the collection of your personal information where you have voluntarily provided information on our site within context of the service being offered.
- It is the obligation of the customer to ensure that all personal information provided to WorkLinks is current and accurate for the purpose for which it was provided. An individual employee of a WorkLinks customer can have any personally identifiable information we have stored about that individual corrected through his or her company contact. WorkLinks will change information as soon as reasonably practical following receipt of such a request by the designated company contact. Individuals contracted directly with WorkLinks for services may offer corrected information to WorkLinks in order for WorkLinks to update its records. WorkLinks will correct inaccurate or incomplete information, subject to verification of such request, as soon as reasonably practical following receipt.
- At WorkLinks, the importance of ensuring a confidential and secure environment for e-business is paramount. WorkLinks employs industry standard protocols, technology, firewalls, encryption, intrusion detection and site monitoring or such similar technology as may be adopted. Data is stored within a secure physical environment and in addition, only authorized WorkLinks personnel who need to access this information to fulfill our contractual obligations or their employment duties can access this information. WorkLinks staff is fully trained in security procedures, which are reviewed as needed to reflect new enhancements in security practices or technology.
- Unfortunately, data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed as 100% secure. As a result, while WorkLinks.ca and WorkLinks-related sites strive to protect personal information, we cannot warrant the security of the information transmitted to or received from us.
- WorkLinks sites and web services use memory based cookies (small amounts of data that are sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive) to ‘remember’ registered users, so that, once logged in, user authentication is maintained as one moves between secure areas in our web applications. Cookies are discarded after logging out, or after a set time period, whichever occurs first. If you are on a WorkLinks secure site, it is our recommendation that you either log out of the WorkLinks application or lock your computer screen when leaving your desk. Although you may choose to reject cookies from the worklinks.ca domain, it may not be possible to utilize all site options if you choose not to accept cookies from the worklinks.ca domain.
- WorkLinks is not responsible for the privacy practices and content of any third-party web sites which may be linked from WorkLinks web sites. If you use WorkLinks’ web applications, you will be responsible for maintaining a user ID and password. Never divulge your password to anyone. At no time will anyone from WorkLinks ever ask you for your password. Protecting your information also includes taking precautionary steps in accordance with industry best practices to ensure the integrity of data on your computer. Recommendations include having anti-virus software running on your PC and updating it periodically, having start up passwords for your computer, and logging off and closing your browser window when you have finished your work or leave your PC unattended.